Leave behind the gray and step into gratitude, in 50 shades, of course.
Here’s my list on the approach of my 50th birthday.
No doubt you have yours…
- An entire week, a year, a life… to sense, reflect & write my way to 50.
- The gift of my body… to love, to dance, to birth, to nurse, to move through space.
- The community of Marlboro, Vermont.
- Marlboro Elementary School.
- Southern Vermont–where so many find so many ways to celebrate art, voice and humanity.
- The state of Vermont which I’ve been proud to call home for 20 years.
- SOUTH POND.
- NERINGA POND.
- The Whetstone Brook.
- MacArthur Road.
- Dan’s emerging rock sculptures up MacArthur Rd.
- Whetstone Ledges Farm Stand
- The music makers. Local. Worldwide.
- Libraries, everywhere.
- Cafes, everywhere. But especially our Amy’s.
- Cities. Kyoto. Paris. New York.
- The United Nations.
- Men, men, men.
- New life… plants, babies, animals.
- The splendor of frost.
- The sun on the water at day’s end.
- That time of day when water becomes glass.
- 7 Sisters.
- ONE BROTHER.
- Two sons.
- One AMAZING man who has loved me and taken care of me and celebrated me for almost 30 years.
- Childhood friends. Highschool friends. College friends. Traveling friends. International friends. Local friends. New friends. Friends to come.
- Mentors. Colleagues. Leaders. Teachers.
- The SUN.
- The male mind.
- Male confidence.
- Male competence.
- The men who have been my friends. Who have fed my mind. Who have complimented me in ways that have nourished me through time.
- WATER. Drinking, bathing, showering, playing, watching, gliding, skating. Wine with.
- The women who have shaped my life. Who have paved the way.
- The sacred.
- Loving Me.
- Being 49.
- (Shit, how did I get to 50 already!)
To Be Continued…
More on the Path to 50:
Tribute to the 40′s
The Hardest Decade? 10-19
The First Decade